If you’re reading this then you’re probably sick of using Jasper, or you can’t stand their expensive and tiered pricing model. The good news is that there are other strong competitors in the market offering great products at reasonable prices. In this article, I’m going to share the best Jasper alternatives, what makes them different, and why you should consider trying them.
Before you start reading I want to point out that the AI space is moving very quickly. Most tools are releasing new products and enhancements weekly. It’s possible that by the time you read this a new feature or plan is released. If you notice something out of date, feel free to drop a comment and I’ll update the post.
1. Copy ai
Copy ai is one of Jasper’s strongest rivals. Personally, Copy ai is one of my favorite tools, and it was one of the first AI copywriting tools I ever used. They now boast over five million users and recently introduced a ChatGPT rival called “Chat by Copy ai”.
- Copy ai run weekly demos to ensure you have the most success with their software.
- Most of the tools require more input to help you produce accurate output.
- There are over 90 content types and templates to leverage.
- A suite of tools specifically designed for email marketers.
- 2,000 free credits each and every month.
- An API is available.
How is Copy ai different from Jasper?
- The most significant difference is the pricing. Not only does Copy ai have a free plan available to every user, the premium plan is only $49 regardless of usage.
- Jasper has tiered pricing which increases significantly based on words.
- Copy ai has fewer features and a worse chrome extension but provides more guidance in the templates.
- Free plan: $0 up to 2,000 words per month.
- Pro plan: $49/mo for unlimited words, 5 user seats, and access to the latest features.
- Enterprise plans: Enquire to receive a quote.
- All plans are cheaper if paid yearly.
Anyword is an AI copywriting tool that optimizes your copy for higher conversions. This particular tool has been trained to score your writing and provide recommendations to boost conversions. In comparison with the other copywriting software on this list, Anyword offers a very unique selling proposition. It is one of the only tools that can actually help you generate an ROI and not just solve writer’s block or save time.
- A tool for generating text messages.
- Predictive performance scores to improve your chances of success.
- The customer persona profiles can help you generate a more relevant output.
- The custom mode allows you to train the AI writing assistant based on your own brand voice, competitors, or your best-performing copy.
How is Anyword different from Jasper?
- Anyword has a predictive performance score to help your copy convert more customers. No other tool, including Jasper, has this specific feature. The closest you can get is by using a content optimization tool like Frase and Surfer SEO which are highly specific to SEO.
- Starter Plan: $29/mo for 20k words and limited features.
- Data-Driven Plan: $99/mo for 30k words and all the features.
- Pricing is tiered based on the word count (scalable).
- Annual plans come with 2 months of free usage.
Rytr is another award-winning AI writing assistant that helps marketers create content in seconds. The platform boasts over 5,000,000 users and 4.9/5 stars on Trustpilot, G2, and AppSumo. They have an extensive product suite that will handle almost all of your needs, at a fraction of the price of Jasper.
- WordPress plugin.
- Built-in plagiarism checker.
- A very convenient chrome extension.
- Over 40 different use cases (i.e. templates).
- Includes an SEO suite within the platform.
- Free plan up to 10k character limits per month.
- A tool that lets you reply to reviews and messages with AI-generated content.
How is Rytr different from Jasper?
- Rytr is way more cost-effective than Jasper.
- Rytr has an inbuilt SEO keyword tool to help optimize content.
- On the unlimited plan (only $29/mo) you get access to a dedicated account manager.
- Free plan: $0 up to 10k characters and 5 AI images.
- Saver plan: $9/mo up to 100k characters, 20 AI images, and custom use cases.
- Unlimited plan: $29/mo for unlimited characters, priority support, 100 AI images, and custom use cases.
- All plans come with two months free if paid annually.
4. Thunder Content
Thunder Content is an AI writing assistant that specialized in blog articles. Its product suite is extensive but seems focussed on helping writers produce and edit the very best articles in a lighting fast time. This includes custom images for the posts. The output seems fairly similar to other tools on this list, however, the interface makes it a much smoother experience for bloggers since it’s created specifically for them.
- A useful ChatGPT alternative.
- Available in 140+ languages.
- Ability to export articles in multiple formats.
- A specific tool for leveraging AI to generate books.
- AI audio tools to translate text to human-grade voices.
- 100% unique content guarantee (plagiarism checker built-in).
How is Thunder Content different from Jasper?
- Not only can Thunder Content do everything Jasper does, but it also offers AI Video, AI Voice, and AI Book tools.
- The ChatGPT alternative requires an additional plan though, Jasper does not require this. It is included in every pain plan.
- AI Voice: $39/mo.
- AI Chat: $39/mo.
- AI Writer: $39/mo.
- All the tools: $117/mo for unlimited access to the whole product suite.
- Plans are cheaper if you require fewer words.
- Annual plans are discounted.
Get started with Thunder Content.
Hypotenuse is an all-rounder AI tool that helps you produce content faster and at scale. The product suite is split between SEO & eCommerce, paid and social media, and writing and brainstorming. This tool is best suited for eCommerce businesses given its bulk generation features and eCommerce platform integrations.
- Powerful API & Shopify integration.
- ChatGPT alternative called Hypo Chat.
- AI art image generator (includes API for bulk generation).
- The batch generator allows you to create thousands of pieces of content instantly.
- Content detective tool allows you to research and include factual events in your articles.
How is Hypotenuse different from Jasper?
- The Hypotenuse product suite is tailored for SEO and eCommerce businesses.
- It has a batch update feature that helps you create and update copy for thousands of products/pages at once.
- One of the features is called “Content Detective” and it allows you to research and include factual information in your articles. Jasper doesn’t have anything like this.
- Starter: $29/mo for 25k words, 200 images, and bulk product description.
- Growth: $59/mo for 87k works, unlimited images, 25 plagiarism checks, and priority support. You can upgrade to 175k words for $109/mo.
- Enterprise: Custom quote required.
- All plans come with two months free if you join annually.
Get started with Hypotenuse here.
Copy Smith is an AI writing tool that helps B2B businesses produce content at scale. Unlike Jasper, the tool is built for enterprise teams and agencies that want to deliver a lot of content in different tones, at scale. It’s also a great option for eCommerce businesses since it allows bulk product description updates.
- Bulk product description tool.
- Ability to generate content at scale in different tones.
- Ability to rewrite content that isn’t ranking in the SERPs.
- Chrome extension integrates nicely with your workflow to save time.
- Integration with Frase.io to help improve your article rank in the SERPs.
How is Copysmith different from Jasper?
- Jasper doesn’t have bulk content generation features, and the pricing makes it too expensive to use especially without an API.
- Starter: $19/mo for 2 integrations, 20k words, and 20 plagiarism checks.
- Professional: $49/mo for 10+ integrations, unlimited works, and 100 plagiarism checks.
- Enterprise: You need to enquire for a quote.
- You can add more features if you require them.
- Plans are cheaper on a yearly basis.
Writesonic is another great Jasper alternative. The software boasts 80 different specific writing tools, including product descriptions, Facebook ads, Quora answers, YouTube titles, and much more. They claim to be the only AI software that helps you write SEO-optimized long-form content in 15 seconds. Not to mention, Writesonic also integrates with Surfer SEO.
- 1 click article summarizer.
- Text and paragraph expander.
- Native Surfer SEO integration.
- Ability to write high-converting landing pages.
- Tools specifically for e-commerce businesses.
- Writesonic training academy is designed to help you generate better copy.
How is Writesonic different from Jasper?
- The pricing model has more options and is cheaper than Jasper.
- The user interface is more intuitive in some aspects, especially the landing page template.
- The Writesonic pricing model is confusing. The fact you need to choose the quality of words in my eyes defeats the purpose of using this tool.
- Free trials are available for a specific word limit depending on word quality.
- 75k worth of Premium words is $49/mo.
- 47k worth of Good words is $19/mo.
- The cheapest plan regardless of word quality and count is $19/mo.
- All plans are 33% cheaper on an annual subscription.
Frequently asked questions
Which AI copywriting software is the best alternative to Jasper?
This is going to depend on your specific use case. However, Rytr seems to be the best value for money and has extremely positive reviews. Not to mention if it offers very similar features. If you have a general use case, I suggest using Rytr or Copy ai (especially given the release of Chat by Copy ai.
Which AI copywriting software is the best overall?
Most Ai copywriting software has a distinct feature or set of features that cater to an audience such as bulk product description updates for eCommerce businesses or Surfer SEO integrations for bloggers. In order to know which is the best for you will need to compare them against your requirements.
Related: Best AI Copywriting Software Reviewed by a Copywriter.
Does every AI copywriting tool check for plagiarism?
Unfortunately, not all AI copywriting tools check for plagiarism. Some tools will require you to purchase a premium plan, whilst others do not have the functionality built-in. This is why it’s important to check before you start generating content just in case you get caught out.